uperior Feed Movement
Cone-Style Auger & Kicker Design
New cone-style augers provide superior feed movement for faster, more complete mixing and processing. The smooth, continuous auger flighting (1) creates a rolling feed action that improves mixing. The top cover of the auger has a steep angle to aid in bale movement when processing round bales and to prevent feed from sitting on top of the auger between mixes. The straight bolt-on kicker (2) provides a fast and even discharge. Each lead flight is equipped with a cast iron scraper (3) that pulls material away from the tub walls into the auger for a better overall mix. Both the kicker and scraper are bolt-on attachments, making replacement very easy to save you precious time.
Large, 15” or 20”, replaceable hay cutting knives are available to best handle the material to be processed. The knives have two positions to adjust the aggressiveness of the knife angle. Versatility of knife length, angle and position allow for an optimal setting with a wide variety of ration ingredients.
- A: Knife set in for slicing and cutting
- B: Knife set out for grabbing and tearing
Efficient Mixing Chamber
Straighter sides, smoother curves and steeper baffles help promote a fast, complete mix for a fluffy, palatable ration. No pre-processing or special loading is required for round or square bales making it easy to load and use. Faster auger speeds also provide quicker, more complete clean-out.
Large Unloading Doors
For unmatched feed flow, these mixers feature the largest discharge door available in the industry. The discharge linkage allows for rapid opening and closing of the door.
Adjustable Hay Stops
The adjustable hay stops provide flexibility in processing to provide you with the cut length necessary to reach the optimal nutritional value you’re striving for. This adjustability makes hay processing more efficient and helps minimize over-processing.
Simple, Dependable Drive
Patented Split Drive
The patented drive system on the VTC 100 Series consists of a 2-speed, split-drive gearbox, two planetary gearboxes and two torque-disconnect PTOs. This system provides reliable performance and long service life with a simple and quiet design. Truck and trailer models only.
- 2-Speed Split-Drive Gearbox: The 2-speed, split-drive gearbox provides the flexibility of high and low speeds without adding another gearbox. It allows for a lower horsepower and easier starting speed (28 rpm in low) while also having a high speed for fast mixing and more complete clean-out (41 rpm in high). The gearbox can be shifted manually on the machine or with an in-cab electric shift option for operator convenience.
- Heavy-Duty Gearboxes: The twin planetaries are designed to provide dependable performance and long life. The drive systems allow the use of single-stage planetaries, which produces far less heat for easier cooling. VTC planetary gearboxes are the heaviest and strongest in this mixer class and are designed to run up to 24 hours a day.
- Torque-Disconnect PTOs: Two automatically resetting torque-disconnect PTOs provide independent protection for each planetary. This helps guard against obstructions encountered by each individual auger, ensuring reliable service and longer life.
Easily pull the planetary from the top of the mixer for improved and easier service. This easy accessibility is especially helpful for truck mount models as it does not require dismounting the mixer from the chassis.
On truck models, they hydrostatic drive allows control of the full range of auger speeds, from within the cab, without stopping to shift. It is available in FEPTO or REPTO drive configurations. This drive uses the same proven gearbox and drive-line setup as the trailer models to ensure drive components are protected from damage.
The electric motor is directly coupled to the auger planetary gearboxes through robust automotive-style drive-lines. These drive-lines have greater longevity in high-use and high-speed applications versus traditional ag drive-lines. Stationary mixers can operate as single-speed units, or with a customizable range of speeds through the use of variable frequency drive (VFD). VFD allows the operator to achieve maximum efficiency and performance during mixing and discharge.
Built to Last
Fully Welded Tub Design
The completely welded body provides superior strength and durability for long life. The heavy-duty, reinforced floor and body help ensure dependable service and long life.
The straight, single axle is ideal for farms with paved surfaces and sharp turns. The walking, tandem bogie is recommended for farms with uneven terrain. Both axle systems are located under the tub for decreased tread width to keep the tires from running over the feed.
DuraMix™ Extended-Wear Components
DuraMix extended wear components help ensure dependable service and long life, even under the heaviest-use cycles. These include standard stainless steel liner sides, higher carbon steel on the baffles and high-wear augers for all KUHN Knight VTC 100 Series mixers. For additional wear protection, optional baffle liners are also available.