Proven Cutting Performance
Direct Drive Design
The GMD 355 mower has a direct drive through the first disc into the 100 Series cuttbar. This allows more clearance to not catch crop from previously made windrows.
Proven 100 Series Cutterbar
Due to the high reliability, excellent crop cutting, and overall adaptability to varying terrains, the 100 Series cutterbar is a staple in the Premium Series. See for yourself by taking a closer look at what the 100 Series cutterbar has to offer
- Withstands the highest loads: special high-capacity bearings fitted in a one-piece sealed housing are not subject to distortion.
- Increased service life: disc pinion shaft bearings endure radial forces for maximum bearing life. This optimum position improves the load balance.
- Protection should an obstacle be struck: the Protectadrive® system is designed to protect the cutterbar gear train and minimizes the risk of downtime.
- High-wear resistance: knife attachment hardware is fully protected. For added safety, heat-treated steel cups are welded to the disc.
- Minimum wear or distortion risks: idler gear fasteners are located in heat treated steel cups. Correct alignment is ensured without the risk of distortion.
- Long-term reliability: large-diameter gearwheels in high-tensile forged steel with reinforced teeth.
- Perfect sealing: top-quality o-rings used on cutterbar bearing housings for a perfect, leak-free seal.
The GMD 355 mower comes with an adjustable outside swath wheel. The swath wheel improves crop flow by providing more positive engagement of crop to leave the cutterbar, especially in taller crops. Additionally, the swath wheel allows a greater degree of swath width adjustment and leaves a clearly defined edge for the next pass.
Cutterbar Frame Support
The cutterbar and curtain frame are supported on the outside of the machine. The support frame is equipped with two integrated bumpers to reduce shocks from the cutterbar when working in rough field conditions.
Increased Durability and Protection
Every minute saved during the hay season is precious. Ultimate protection, from the externally removable Protectadrive disc bearing stations, provides maximum reliability and quick service. In the event of an impact between a disc and an obstacle, the shaft holding the disc can shear just above the bearing. This is thanks to its carefully dimensioned shear groove. As a result, the gear teeth are protected.
Constant Float Suspension System
The GMD 355 mower uses the Constant Float suspension system. The design of the frame and strong spring creates a dynamic suspension system where the cutterbar maintains even ground pressure across the entire working width. This allows the operator to travel at high speeds with an even cut height. The mower can cut slopes up to +35º and down to -25º.
Ground Pressure Adjustment
The ground pressure is adjusted by simply setting the height of the 3-point hitch. Align the marks and the ground pressure is set. Raise the hitch for less ground pressure or lower the hitch for more ground pressure.
Should an obstacle be struck, the safety breakaway causes the mower unit to swing slightly backwards. The impact is significantly reduced. You can reset the device simply by reversing.
Headland Lift Position
The GMD 355 mower has high clearance in the headland position with 20 inches of ground clearance to the lowest point of the cutterbar. There is quick lifting action of the cutterbar off the ground to clear windrows and is evenly lowered back to the ground to protect the cutterbar from hitting the ground. The hydraulic limiter avoids the shock load when the cutterbar is raised reducing the stress on the machine.
Easy Transport and Storage
The GMD 355 is able to complete 110º of folding. On most tractors, the cutterbar won’t stick out past the right side tire. The outer safety guard folds automatically to reduce the overall height
The curtain has an A-shape when in the working position to keep dirt and crop from building up. The front and rear halves of the curtain can be folded up for maintenance and cleaning.